IT Help Desk Intern
Wilen New York is a full-service direct marketing agency offering strategic insight, creative development, end-to-end production, and detailed analytics across all direct marketing channels. Best of all, we’re conveniently located right here on Long Island.
We’re currently looking for a paid, part-time IT Help Desk Intern to support our Information Technology Department. As the IT Help Desk Intern, you’ll assist members of the IT Department with their day-to-day responsibilities.
This is an ideal opportunity for a student who plans on entering the IT field after graduation. The hours are flexible, and you’ll gain practical, real-world experience while you hone your technical and communication skills in a collaborative environment.
IT Department RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to desktop computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Investigate, prioritize and timely resolve requests for assistance from all users and maintain log of service calls, client requests, and their dispositions.
- Install, configure, upgrade, and repair PC and MAC workstations, mobile devices, network hardware, and cabling as required.
- Train computer users and develop training materials.
- Ensure optimal performance of desktop computer systems.
- Run diagnostic programs as appropriate to resolve technical problems, detect patterns of issues, and coordinate with staff regarding persistent problems.
- Daily check of virus activity and intrusions, ensure weekly update of virus definition files, and taking corrective action as necessary.
- Maintain knowledge and expertise by learning new and evolving technologies and by achieving appropriate industry and professional certifications.
- Contribute to company vision and direction by helping improve technical practices, as well as choosing key technologies to support the business.
- Current enrollment in BS/BA Degree or Associates Degree program.
- Proficient in basic system administration tools and concepts.
- Knowledge of mainstream Adobe and Microsoft desktop applications on PC and MAC platforms.
- Must be able to move and lift common office equipment such as monitors, desktops and other computer hardware.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
We’d love to hear your story and learn how your unique skills and talents can enhance our growing agency. Send us your resume and a cover letter telling us why you think you’d be a good fit. This position is a part-time, onsite position. No phone calls, please.