Direct Mail Production Manager
Wilen New York is a full-service direct marketing agency offering strategic insight, creative development and detailed analytics across all direct marketing channels with a primary focus on Direct Mail. As a bonus, we’re conveniently located right here on Long Island.
We’re looking for an energetic, solution-oriented, hands-on, client-facing Production Manager to join our team. The Production manager will possess the knowledge, understanding and proficiency that spans across all aspects of direct mail, including printing, lettershop operations, and the USPS DMM. This position will interface with all agency departments and support client services to ensure timely and accurate delivery of print campaigns.
- Manage a high volume of complex projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Approve all print production priorities throughout the creative routing process, including final approval on all artwork, formats, mock-ups and proofs.
- Identify and support the development of new and enhanced manufactured formats through internal collaboration as well as seeking new suppliers and techniques.
- Submit print estimates to include creative scope, variable data programming and print specifications.
- Develop and maintain schedules, ensuring that project milestones are met, adhering to approved budgets.
- Analyze specifications to ensure that all job requirements, quality expectations, artwork availability and delivery dates are clearly identified and achieved.
- Produce and distribute Purchase Orders with complete specifications and instructions.
- Attend daily production meeting, weekly status and project meetings for assigned accounts.
- Review printed samples for accuracy of color, quality, registration and scope.
- Required travel ― 20%.
- 10+ years of direct mail experience in an agency/print manufacturing environment, including knowledge of offset printing (web, sheet-fed), inline finishing operations; litho, flexo and digital printing processes.
- 10+ years of mailing services experience, including lettershop services, postal operations, and mail logistics.
- Experience working with teams in the following agency departments: Production, Studio, Creative, Data Strategies and Account Management.
- Extensive pre-press and printing knowledge, including variable data printing.
- Expertise in MS Office and the ability to review files via In Design, Photoshop & Illustrator software systems.
- Excellent time management and troubleshooting skills, as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline.
We’d love to hear your story and learn how your unique skills and talents can enhance our growing agency.
You can find out more about us at www.wilennewyork.com, then send us your resume, salary requirements and a cover letter telling us why you think you’d be a good fit. No phone calls please. This is an on-site position.