IT Help Desk Support Technician
Wilen New York is a full-service direct marketing agency offering strategic insight, creative development, end-to-end production, and detailed analytics across all direct marketing channels. Best of all, we’re conveniently located right here on Long Island.
Wilen New York is looking for an IT Help Desk Support Technician to provide daily support functions within our Information Technology Department. This position is responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, networks and servers, equipment, and software. The IT Help Desk Support Technician will respond to queries, run diagnostic programs, isolate problems, and determine and implement solutions.
If you are client-oriented, provide exceptional service, great at trouble shooting with the proven ability to communicate effectively, and manage changing priorities with ease in a fast-paced environment, then we would like to speak with you!
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to desktop computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Investigate, prioritize and timely resolve requests for assistance from all users and maintain a log of service calls, client requests, and their dispositions.
- Install, configure, upgrade, and repair PC and MAC workstations, mobile devices, network hardware, and cabling as required.
- Train computer users and develop training materials.
- Ensure optimal performance of desktop computer systems.
- Run diagnostic programs as appropriate to resolve technical problems, detect patterns of issues, and coordinate with staff regarding persistent problems.
- Help maintain security software, ensure timely updates, and take corrective action as necessary.
- Maintain your knowledge and expertise by learning new and evolving technologies and by achieving appropriate industry and professional certifications.
- Contribute to company vision and direction by helping improve technical practices, as well as choosing key technologies to support the business.
- BS/BA Degree or minimum Associates Degree and related certification or work experience.
- 2-3 years’ experience supporting Windows and Mac desktops, laptops, and mobile devices.
- Proficient in basic system administration tools and concepts.
- Knowledge of mainstream Adobe and Microsoft desktop applications on PC and MAC platforms.
- A+ and Microsoft Certifications, a plus.
- Must be able to move and lift common office equipment such as monitors, desktops and other computer hardware.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
We’d love to hear your story and learn how your unique skills and talents can enhance our growing agency. You can find out more about us at www.wilennewyork.com then send us your resume and compensation requirements and a cover letter telling us why you think you’d be a good fit. This is an onsite position. No phone calls please. We are a drug-free work place. EOE. E-verify.