aSsociate ProduCTION Manager
We’re looking for an energetic, solution-oriented, hands-on, client-facing Associate Production Manager to be responsible for the planning, purchasing and implementation and execution of the print production process within the agency. The Associate Production Manager will possess the knowledge, understanding and proficiency that spans across all aspects of direct mail, including printing, lettershop operations, and the USPS DMM. This position will collaborate with all agency departments and support Client Services to ensure timely and accurate delivery of campaigns. Integral to the success of this position is the ability to manage a high volume of complex projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, and communicate well with all levels and roles within the organization.
- Manage the day-to-day production process, ensuring that all deliverables and deadlines are met.
- Approve all print production priorities throughout the creative routing process, including final approval on all artwork, formats, mock-ups and proofs.
- Identify and support the development of new and enhanced manufactured formats through internal collaboration as well as seeking new suppliers and techniques.
- Submit print estimates.
- Develop and maintain schedules, ensuring that project milestones are met, adhering to approved budgets.
- Analyze specifications to ensure that all job requirements, quality expectations, artwork availability and delivery dates are clearly identified and achieved.
- Create and maintain purchase orders with complete specifications and instructions.
- Review printed samples for accuracy of color, quality, registration and scope.
- Required travel ― 20%.
- 5–7 years of direct mail experience in an agency/print manufacturing environment, including knowledge of offset printing (web, sheet-fed), inline finishing operations; litho, flexo and digital printing processes.
- 5–7 years of mailing services experience, including lettershop services, postal operations, and mail logistics.
- Extensive prepress and printing knowledge, including variable data printing.
- Expertise in MS Office including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent time management and troubleshooting skills, as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline.
We’d love to hear your story and learn how your unique skills and talents can enhance our growing agency. To apply for the Associate Production Manager position, please submit your resume and cover letter. This is a full-time, on-site position. We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. E-Verify.